Friday 26 July 2013

Storing food

I get ever so frustrated when trying to use flour/cereals/sugar etc direct from the bag with spillages and split bags. We used to store them in various re-used plastic containers but found it was difficult to store a decent amount and as I am a bit anal about organisation it looked messy to me. We splashed out on some containers from good old Ikea & Sainsbury's a few months ago and we have been using them in combination with our storage larder.

Flours & sugars in jars. I used blackboard paint with the idea of writing on them in chalk but this has not worked well. The paint comes off with the chalk. We have just overwritten the chalk with pen.
Cereals and pasta in plastic containers

It is so much easier to pour/spoon ingredients this way. It also allows you to use own brand/basic product lines without guests (or picky husbands!) knowing.

And  I also have to say a pull out larder cupboard is fabulous in the kitchen (was here when we moved in so I cannot take credit for it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment